This is a totally non SEO related post, but towards the end of March, Cambridge New Media Services a company I’m heavily involved with will be filming a pile of Green Screen footage for several promotional bits we will be doing over the next year. It will also no doubt devolve it the usual fun and games that normally happens when we do these things. The day has a serious side and a fun side.
Chroma keying is expensive if done properly with the software alone costing several thousand pounds before you get to the hardware lights etc. To help offset the cost we offer other companies the opportunity to come down and join us in getting their own promotional bits filmed and edited. If you are a UK company/group and need some chroma key work done this maybe a great opportunity to get professional level work done on a budget.
The results are:
- Alpha channel video suitable for use in video editing software
- Transparent FLV with suitable embedding code for use on the web
Cambridge New Media Services will provide the film equipment, and production editing team but it will be the business responsibility to bring any cast needed. We can put you in touch with aspiring actors and actresses if needed.
If your interested in joining us on the day to get some filming done along with the follow up editing then please get in touch via my form and I will send you the details and the cost.
Fun side & Learning bits
In addition to the serious part of the day which of course takes precedent we offer a more fun training session for people to come down have some fun learn about the process and film a short clip for themselves along with the editing side of things. There is a small cost mainly to cover insurance but particularly for students or people who are interested in digital video techniques this is a great day out. If you would be interested in joining the crew again get in touch and I will send you details.
So what do we do
The day consists of
- Meet and greet plus volunteer safety talk
- Setting up the location, introducing the green or blue background, lighting, camera and audio equipment
- Filming the business shots
- Demonstration of the software being used
- While the editing team gets on editing the business shots, volunteers are given the chance to record their own shots
- As editing equipment becomes available volunteers can edit and produce their shots under guidance
- Star Wars finish – day finishes with some fun demo’s and shots based on Star Wars
The date hasn’t been confirmed still waiting on the venue we have run similar things in the past with great success with everyone having a good day, business get professional edits for a fraction of their normal cost and individuals get the chance to come along pick up new skills and enjoy themselves.
Some general bits you got to be over 16, if you suffer from epilepsy/ fits or have a pace maker please let us know in advance. Businesses have priority over volunteer filming any additional filming is done after they are finished. Volunteers must be available for safety briefing, and please if you are planning on coming do so for the whole day. There is no specific finishing time but the facilities will be available till the team go home.