and I didn’t even notice!
The SEO blog of course died or should that diversified into a blog about “stuff” but it was a little over two years ago I accidentally got myself blacklisted by Google on my .me.uk domain name and moved the blog over to the .co.uk a move which I’m very pleased I made.
Some Interesting lessons in stuff from history
Well history of this site anyway!
- Use the best tool for the job, I remember the early days of using Drupal to run a blog never again, its WordPress all the way.
- Don’t be afraid to go where your passion is even at the expense of some audience, likewise blog because you have something to say not because you feel you have to
- Don’t get down when people don’t comment on your awesome piece
- Never use Sphinn or similar cess pits as the guage to public opinion (indeed add twitter to that)
- It’s your blog do what you want with it!
- If you opening Pandoras box have tissues and thick skin
- Comment spammers really will never stop
- Making things bold and in red does not mean people will read your polite notices
- Do not call your readers guinea pigs out loud!
My Favourite Posts from Tim Nash SEO Blog?
In no particular order here are some of the ones I’m most fond of
- Am I an advanced SEO?
- Link Worth (I spoke on this at Think Visibility 2)
- Flash SEO revisited
- So Long and thanks for all the fish
- Profiling Landing page Users
So what’s the future for Tim Nash the Stuff Specialist blog?
It’s evolving I keep meaning to add a mailing list and in doing so demonstrate a rather nice double opt in method for emailing comments to people. Expect the posts to become more technical and less SEO based covering more practical behaviour modelling rather then simply theory. Oh and I might even get a video camera out and try some of this video melarky out.
Am I going to monetise the site?
Strangely a question I get asked alot, at the moment their is the occasional affiliate link and some bits like my recommended reads (which are genuine suggestions not just random books) but no “direct” advertising I do have space for potential 8 advertisers on the site I just never considered selling ad space on this site. Also up until recently I felt any advertising of an SEO product would be a conflict of interest things have changed slightly so it could be a case of wait and see. If you want to advertise then drop me a line and we can discuss it.
How about for Tim?
In will continue my quest to educate people in stuff and hopefully will be able to engage more with the community both online and off. I will also be off to a few more conferences though none of them SEO related I suspect the first of which will be Paypal Innovate in San Francisco in early November will you be there?